Rate including full breakfast is $185.90 (weekdays) - $191.40 (weekends) per night plus tax for two guests.
As the original master bedroom of Casa del Gavilan, the Nairn Room is our largest guest room and is richly decorated with original paintings, antique prints, and a bronze sculpture by Frederick Remington. The Nairn Room is furnished with one king bed and a couch that folds out to a queen bed. It has a private bath with elegant, antique fixtures and a shower. Three windows from this guest room face toward the courtyard, the Sangre de Cristo mountains to the west, and the "Tooth of Time" ridge to the north. The Nairn Room represents our finest accommodations and the most solitude. If a fold-out bed is available, this room can accommodate a fold-out bed for one additional guest. Maximum of four guests. Guest is responsible to pay for entire reservation in the event of early departure. Please see "Policies" page for cancellation policy and additional information regarding a reservation..
Rate including full breakfast is $174.90 (weekdays) - $180.40 (weekends) per night plus tax for two guests.
Jack Nairn's favorite room, and the one in which he resided during his later days at his beloved Casa del Gavilan, the Phillips Room is a moderately sized room full of Western character. It has a queen bed and is our only guest room with a fireplace - perfect to take the chill off those cold winter nights or to add a bit of ambiance to your get-away weekend. The Phillips Room has a private bath and shower with antique fixtures. Two windows open to the courtyard and the north side of the Casa. If a fold-out bed is available, this room can accommodate a fold-out bed for one additional guest. Maximum of three guests. Guest is responsible to pay for entire reservation in the event of early departure. Please see "Policies" page for cancellation policy and additional information regarding a reservation..
Rate including full breakfast is $174.90 (weekdays) - $180.40 (weekends) per night plus tax for two guests.
The Webster Room offers a queen bed with a small nook off the main bedroom containing one twin bed (there is no door between the main bedroom and this additional room). This extra room is perfect for a child or traveling companion. The Webster Room also has a private bath with a shower. Two windows open to the courtyard and the north side of the Casa. Due to the configuration of this room a fold-out bed is not available for this guest room. Maximum of three guests. Guest is responsible to pay for entire reservation in the event of early departure. Please see "Policies" page for cancellation policy and additional information regarding a reservation..
Rate including full breakfast is $163.90 (weekdays) - $169.40 (weekends) per night plus tax for two guests.
The Beaubien Room is situated across a small hallway from the Nairn Room. This cozy room is furnished with one queen bed and a private bath with shower. The window opens to the courtyard. Due to the configuration of this room a fold-out bed is not available for this guest room. Maximum of two guests.
Every inn has a smallest room, and this is ours. This room measures 11x15 feet. There is a single chair in this guest room, while all other rooms have two chairs. While perfectly comfortable for most of our guests, those that desire a bit more space for themselves, or additional equipment, may not be comfortable in this guest room. If in doubt, please discuss your needs with our innkeeper so we can provide you with accommodations best suited to your personal requirements.
As the Beaubien guest room only has one window to the sunporch, and no windows directly outside, the room comes equipped with an air conditioner. Guest is responsible to pay for entire reservation in the event of early departure. Please see "Policies" page for cancellation policy and additional information regarding a reservation.
Rate including full breakfast is $223.30 (weekdays) - $229.90 (weekends) per night plus tax for four guests.
Situated across the courtyard from the main house, the guest house was originally the housekeepers' quarters of Casa del Gavilan. The Guest House offers more privacy and space for a family or group to spread out. The two rooms of this suite adjoin through a bathroom with a bathtub and shower. The Miranda room has one queen bed while the Maxwell room has two single beds. If a fold-out bed is available, one of these two rooms can accommodate a fold-out bed for one additional guest. There are two steps from ground level up to both rooms of the Guest House. Maximum of five guests. Guest is responsible to pay for entire reservation in the event of early departure. Please see "Policies" page for cancellation policy and additional information regarding a reservation..
This room is for one guest only.
Rate including full breakfast is $130.90 (weekdays) - $136.40 (weekends) per night plus tax for one guest.
The Library Guest Room opens off the library. It's a cozy room with a single bed for one guest with a private bath and shower. Windows open to the east and north. Due to the configuration of this room a fold-out bed is not available for this guest room. Maximum of one guest. Guest is responsible to pay for entire reservation in the event of early departure. Please see "Policies" page for cancellation policy and additional information regarding a reservation..
This room is for one guest only.
* This property has no ADA Compliant rooms or features at the inn.
* Rates shown are for two guests per guest room, or four guests for the Guest House. For additional guests there is a nightly charge of $20 for adults and $10 for children through age 17.
* Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Please call in advance for instructions if you will be arriving after 8:00 p.m. so we can have staff available to greet you and show you to your room. We typically cannot accommodate early check-ins as we are usually preparing the guest rooms for new arrivals prior to check-in time.
* Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Please contact us as soon as possible if you’d like to request a late check out. We do our absolute best to accommodate your schedule. During busy season (May-Oct), it is unlikely that we can accommodate late check out due to preparation time for arriving guests.
* Service animals and pets. We understand that many travelers love their pets and enjoy traveling with them. For those who enjoy traveling with their pets, several hotels in Raton welcome guests with pets. As required by the ADA and the New Mexico Service Animal Act the Casa del Gavilan welcomes well-behaved service animals legally authorized by the ADA that are properly trained to perform tasks related to the guest's disability, and pose no health or safety issues with our facilities or other guests. However, WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE PETS OR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, COMFORT, OR THERAPY ANIMALS. Please contact the Casa in advance to discuss the admission of your service animal with the innkeeper. The guest must confirm the service animal is required and proper for the disability of the guest as outlined in the ADA, and state what work or task the service animal has been trained to perform for the guest. The New Mexico Service Animal Act prohibits a person from misrepresenting an animal as a Service Animal, and provides penalties for such misrepresentation. The service animal must be on a leash, or otherwise under full control of the guest, and accompanied at all times. For additional information please contact the New Mexico Governor's Commission on Disability at 505-476-0412. An animal not meeting ADA and New Mexico requirements as a proper service animal is deemed a pet, which is not permitted. Many of our guests have serious allergies to dogs and other animals. The presence of a pet in a guest room requires a very time-consuming cleaning process before the room can be used again by guests, which we do for service animals at no cost additional to the guest. Bringing a pet (excluding proper service animals) into a guest room will result in a $200 per day cleaning fee and the guests will be asked to leave, forfeiting the balance paid for their stay.
* A small kitchenette containing a microwave, sink, and refrigerator is available for LIGHT cooking by our guests. Due to insurance requirements the electric stove/oven in the kitchenette may only be used by Casa staff. Outdoor cooking in the courtyard or anywhere on the property, on any type of grill or other device, is not permitted.
* Campfires or other fires anywhere on the property are strictly prohibited. Fires in the fireplaces are only permitted with the permission and supervision of the staff.
* There are no televisions for guests' use at the Casa, or telephones in the guest rooms. The wifi is generally sufficient for streaming if you would like to bring you laptop or tablet for video entertainment.
* As the Casa was built in 1911, the inn does not have air conditioning. The 7,000 foot elevation and thick adobe walls help keep the rooms comfortable in the summertime in all but the rare heat-wave. All rooms have floor and/or ceiling fans. We strongly suggest keeping windows open during the night to let in the cool mountain air, and closed during the day to keep out the daytime heat.
* Quiet hours are from 10:00pm to 8:00am. Please respect the peace and tranquility our guests come to enjoy.
* Meals accommodating special dietary restrictions - to the extent possible - are available by prior arrangement. Please let your innkeeper know of any special requirements PRIOR to your arrival.
* Consumption of alcohol permitted (guests may enjoy their own beverages in moderation).
* Wifi internet is available in most, but not all, areas of the Casa. Depending upon the use by other guests, download speeds may not be sufficient for streaming movies at certain times.
* Fold-out beds may be available for some guest rooms. Please ask our innkeeper about availability PRIOR to your arrival.
* Due to the historic nature of Casa del Gavilan, smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited inside the buildings. Smoking or vaping is only permitted outside.
* We can usually accommodate a visitor or two during your stay, but please first discuss this with the innkeeper. The Casa del Gavilan can only accommodate a limited number of non-registered guests. We reserve the right to restrict the number of visitors to the Casa del Gavilan during your stay. Receptions, parties, or other gatherings are strictly prohibited without the prior direct approval of Casa del Gavilan staff.
* Rates are subject to change without notice. Rates for confirmed reservations are guaranteed.
Short-notice cancellations can be very costly to a small inn such as ours, which results in higher rates for all our guests. Please use care in making your plans, and honor your reservation as we honor your reservation. We realize plans change and emergencies arise, but please understand we cannot be financially responsible for guests' plans that may change. The following cancellation policies must be strictly enforced:
All cancellations or rescheduling will be charged a minimum of 10% of the deposit. The cancellation of reservations made through Booking.com and its affiliates are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellation fee of the full deposit will be applied to all reservations cancelled with less than thirty days advance notice for reservations of more than four room-nights - or fourteen days for reservations up to four room-nights. “Room-nights” equals the total number of nights in all rooms reserved. Full cost of the reservation will be due, and the remainder of the reservation cancelled, for guests that do not arrive by midnight of the arrival date unless prior arrangements are made with the innkeeper. Sales tax is added to all cancellation fees as required by the State of New Mexico.
Rescheduling your visit, or departing early, is a cancellation of the original reservation and is subject to our cancellation policy. No refunds will be provided for early departure. Cancellation must be in writing by mail, or email to email@example.com, with receipt confirmed in writing by the Casa del Gavilan. Please note if you made your reservation through Expedia.com, Booking.com, or any other "online travel agencies" any changes or cancellations will need to be made directly with the same online travel agency, rather than with the Casa del Gavilan.
The Casa del Gavilan reserves the right to cancel reservations with at least 30 days advance notice to the guest, refunding any deposits in full.
Travel Insurance - As a small inn we expect the same commitment from our guests to their reservation that we provide to our guests. Reservations are accepted with the understanding the guest will be financially responsible for the entire reservation, or for the full cancellation fee if cancellation is necessary. We understand that unforeseen issues can arise but we cannot be responsible for illness, family emergencies, work conflicts, delayed or cancelled flights, or inclement weather. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance, available at a nominal cost from any travel agency or online at www.travelguard.com, insuremytrip.com, or other travel insurance services in the event your plans change. These companies are independent and not affiliated with the Casa del Gavilan in any way.
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Cimarron, NM. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as achecker.ca and Google Chrome's ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
Casa del Gavilan Historic Inn
PO Box 518
Cimarron, NM 87714-0518
Owners: Gavilan LLC
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on http://www.casadelgavilan.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property's website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org