New Mexico State Parks are temporarily closed to vehicles with out-of-state license plates.
Our hearts go out to all affected by COVID-19. We will remain transparent and continue to uphold the highest standards of service and health protocols. Your health, welfare and safety are paramount when you visit us at the Casa del Gavilan. Our focus is to ensure we meet our guests' needs while doing our part to keep you, our staff, and our community safe.
As directed by the Governor of New Mexico, the Casa is open at reduced occupancy per the current New Mexico Public Health Order which can be found at: https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders/. Reservations can be made online or by calling the Casa at 575-376-2246. Due to the limited rooms available it might be preferable to contact the Casa about room availability prior to making online reservations.
For the safety and comfort of our guests we would like to introduce you to the following guidelines which will be in effect while the COVID-19 issue is still at hand. Please follow these guidelines to the best of your ability for the safety of yourself, other guests, and our staff.
Over the years the service at the Casa del Gavilan is something that has set us apart from many other inns. We regret the current circumstances require us to impose state-mandated limitations. We look forward to returning to our usual high level of service as soon as permitted. Please don’t hesitate to ask our innkeeper about anything you may need to enhance your stay with us. We will do what we can, within the limitations as required by the State of New Mexico, and the safety of our staff.
· Per the Governor's current Executive Order, all guests arriving from a State currently listed as "High Risk" (see: https://www.newmexico.org/covid-19-traveler-information/ ) must self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days from the date of their entry into the State of New Mexico, or for the duration of their presence in the State, whichever is shorter.
· As required by the State of New Mexico, guests are to wear masks while in common rooms such as the Living Room, Library, and Kitchenette while other guests or staff are present. Masks are not required while eating or drinking, or while outside properly distanced from other guests. If you don’t have a mask available, we will be happy to provide one for the duration of your stay with us.
· Only registered guests and staff are permitted at the Casa del Gavilan at this time. If you would like to visit with friends in the area, please make arrangements to do so away from the Casa.
· To minimize staff contact with our guests, daily housekeeping will not be provided in the guest rooms during your stay unless specifically requested. If you would like fresh towels please let our innkeeper know. A plastic bag will be provided for you to place the towels you wish to exchange. Please ask your innkeeper for additional soap, shampoo, lotion, or toilet paper as needed.
· Breakfast will be served at 8:30 each morning as is our longstanding tradition. Separate tables will be provided for each guest room. If you would like to be seated outside on the front patio, please let your innkeeper know the day before so we can be prepared. Please keep in mind that food cools quickly outside in the typically brisk New Mexico mornings.
· For the convenience of any guests who prefer breakfast prior to 8:30 a.m. individual cereal boxes, fruit, muffins, and other breakfast items may be available. Please discuss options with your innkeeper as soon as possible after check-in so we can be prepared in advance to provide alternatives. We will not be able to provide an early breakfast if arrangements are not made in advance.
· Only Casa staff are permitted to handle the coffee maker and coffee pot, ice maker, and other serving items shared among guests. Please ask the innkeeper for anything you may need during breakfast. Condiments such as sugar, creamer, salsa, butter, jelly, and hot sauce will be provided in single-serving packets as requested.
· Current safety regulations prohibit our staff from removing serving ware from one group of guests while continuing to serve others. Therefore, serving ware will be left on the tables until all guests have departed the dining room.
· Only one group of guests is permitted in the kitchenette at a time. If the kitchenette is occupied, please wait until the guests leave the kitchenette. If you are using the kitchenette, please be sensitive to others who may be waiting.
· The kitchenette is available for microwave cooking by our guests for lunch and dinner. Refrigerators are available for guests’ use in the kitchenette as well as the sun porch. Please place your items in the paper bag provided, fold the top over, seal the bag, and write your name on the bag before placing your food in the refrigerator or freezer.
· As required in New Mexico, the ice maker may not be shared among guests. Should you need ice during your stay, please ask the innkeeper. A bucket of ice will be cheerfully provided.
· Hair dryers have been temporarily removed from the guest rooms, but are available for the duration of your stay should you desire one. Please ask your innkeeper if you would like a hair dryer while at the Casa.
· We use professional restaurant-grade cooking and dishwashing equipment to ensure proper food preparation and the highest quality cleaning and sanitization of cooking equipment, plates, and utensils.
· All bedding, linens, and pillows are heat-treated between guests for thorough sanitization.
· In most instances, each guest room will be left vacant for 24 hours between guests. Each guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected following the detailed guidelines of the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
Thank you for visiting the Casa del Gavilan Historic Inn. We know you will enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to the day we can return to our usual high standard of service to our guests.
We understand your travel plans may be interrupted by COVID-19. If you would like to cancel your existing reservation, please do so at least two weeks in advance rather than waiting until the last minute. Reservations cancelled with more than 14 day advance notice are subject to cancellation fee of 6% of the deposit - which is our direct cost for credit card processing. Reservations cancelled with less than 14 day advance notice are subject to a cancellation fee of the first night's room cost plus tax.
Your health and well-being are our highest priority. We truly appreciate the trust that you place in us when you choose to stay at the Casa del Gavilan. Until life returns to something a little closer to "normal", let's all look out for one another as we work our way through this difficult situation. We wish our friends, neighbors, and guests all the best, whatever their current circumstances may be. We hope to see you again soon at the Casa del Gavilan during better days.NM State Parks are temporarily closed to vehicles with out-of-state license plates
Copyright © 2018 Casa del Gavilan Historic Inn - Cimarron, NM - All Rights Reserved.
Casa del Gavilan